The Production Warehouse Associate - Packer is responsible for the production and/or packaging of a variety of products.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
• Perform production duties such as manual lifting, packaging, taping, labeling operations and sorting
• Move product and inventory using a pallet jack and bin system
• Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
• Execute and document quality inspections per SOP
• Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
• Perform related duties as required by supervision
• Break down cardboard for recycling
• May be required to stand for long periods of time
• May involve some repetitive motions
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
• May also engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of products and product containers
• Do to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold
• Understand and follow basic verbal and written instructions
• Effectively communicate information and respond to questions from various levels within the organization
• Possess basic mathematical skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Perform basic visual quality inspections on products
• Maintain the production pace to standard and of other team members
• Utilize power tools and various equipment as needed to perform duties
Typical Daily Activities for "Packer and Packager" – May vary per the needs of the business and workflow.
1) Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
2) Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
3) Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
4) Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
5) Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas such as loading docks.
6) Seal containers or materials, using glues, fasteners, nails, and hand tools.
7) Load materials and products into package processing equipment.
8) Assemble, line, and pad cartons, crates, and containers, using hand tools.
9) Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
10) Transport packages to delivery vehicles.
11) Place or pour products or materials into containers, using hand tools and equipment, or fill containers from spouts or chutes.
“The Cakewalk is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: The Cakewalk is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at The Cakewalk are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. The Cakewalk will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. The Cakewalk encourages applicants of all ages.”